FAQ Setting up of Labuan Companies
- I am a Malaysian. Can I incorporate a Labuan Company?
- Yes Malaysian and NON Malaysian can incorporate Labuan Company. Please email us for enquiry.
- Can Labuan Trading Company Transact with a MAlaysia Resident ?
- Commencing 1 January 2019 Labuan Company are permitted to carry out business transactions with Malaysia Resident . The amount allowable for deductions for the Malaysia Resident is subject to 67% for Labuan Leasing Company, 67% for Labuan Bank and 3% for Other Business.
- Do I need to be physically present in Labuan to incorporate the Labuan Company?
- Not necessary.
- How long will it take to register a Labuan Company?
- 3 working days upon receiving your full documentation
- How to Register a Labuan Company?
- CS Trust will do your registration. Please email us for more information.
- Do I need to inform Labuan FSA when I register a Labuan Company?
- No. CS Trust will assist you in incorporating the Labuan Company for start to end.
FAQ on Incorporation of Labuan Company
- Can Labuan Trading Company Transact in Ringgit Malaysia?
- Commencing 1 January 2019 Labuan Company are permitted to carry out business transactions in Malaysian Ringgit and with Malaysia Resident . The amount allowable for deductions for the Malaysia Resident is subject to 67% for Labuan Leasing Company, 67% for Labuan Bank and 3% for Other Business
- What are the minimum Director and Shareholder requirements for a Labuan Company?
- One director who can either be an individual or a corporate entity and One shareholder who can either be an individual or a corporate entity
- Can Labuan Trust Company provide nominee director and nominee shareholder services?
- Yes for a fee.
- Can the director and shareholder be of the same person?
- Will the information of the Labuan Company, its Directors and Shareholders be published or made available to other party?
- No, all details will be strictly kept confidential by CS Trust. Information are not made avail to the public.
- What is the minimum capital requirement for Labuan Company?
- USD1.00 for non licensed entity. For license entity the capital requirements depends on the type of licensed applied.
FAQ Labuan Company Tax
- What is the tax rate for Labuan Company?
- 1) For trading activities the Labuan Company tax is 3% of Audited Net Profit
2) For Non-Trading activities there is No tax except for Investment in Intellectual Property
FAQ Labuan Company Accounting and Audits
- Is it possible to open Bank Account for Labuan Company in Labuan?
- Yes, CS Trust can assist you.
- Do Labuan Company need to file Annual Return?
- Yes. Annual returns must be filed not later than 30 days prior to the anniversary of the date of incorporation.
- Must financial statements of Labuan Company be audited?
- 1) Yes for Trading Company
2) Not required for Holding Company.